How to stop receiving text messages
If you no longer want to receive text messages from Lyft, you can easily opt out. Read below for more info.
Change your notification preferences
There are two types of notifications you may receive from Lyft. You have the option to receive via text message or push notification (a pop-up on your mobile device):
- Account and trip updates inform you about ride requests and account information. They're necessary for using the Lyft app and can be set to text or push notification, but can't be turned off.
- Discounts and news messages provide info about new features and promotions. These alerts can be set to text, push notification, or turned off completely.
To change your notification preferences, follow these steps:
- Open the main menu, then tap 'Account.'
- Tap 'Settings.'
- Tap 'Privacy.'
- Tap 'Notification Preferences.'
- Select the type of message you want to receive for each type of notification. You'll be prompted to turn push notifications on in your phone's settings if they're currently disabled.
If you would like to turn off all Lyft push notifications, you will need to do so from your device's settings.
Opt out of promos or marketing
You can opt out of promotional or marketing texts and calls from Lyft at any time. Text END to 46080 on your device receiving the messages.
Opt out of all messages
You may opt out of receiving all messages from Lyft, including transactional messages. Text STOPALL to 46080 on your device receiving the messages.
Note that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the Lyft app. You won't receive important text messages about ride updates or verification codes to log back into your account if you log out.
Texting STOP to 46080 on your device receiving the messages will give you the option to:
- Reply 1 to unsubscribe from all messages
- Reply 2 to unsubscribe from all promotional and marketing messages
Opt back in
To opt back in, text STARTALL to 46080 if you've opted out of all texts and calls.
Text STARTPROMOS to 46080 if you've opted out of only promotional or marketing messages.
*Standard messaging rates may apply