Using location filters
Location filters allow you to control the rides you receive by filtering them in one of three ways: ‘Arrive on time’, ‘Head to destination’, and ‘Stay within area.’
Using location filters
Location filters allow you to control the rides you receive by filtering them in one of three ways:
- 'Arrive on time' - set an preferred arrival time.
- 'Head to destination' - specify a destination so you only receive rides going in that direction.
- ‘Stay within area’ - filter your rides within a 5 to 10-mile radius around a pin on the map.
Location filters can be activated anywhere Lyft is available and will pair you with passengers requesting any ride type. Ride requests look the same as they do in standard driver mode.
You'll automatically go offline while in a location filter if you don't receive a request within 30 minutes. You may also be forced offline while en route, to ensure you reach the destination on time.
Entering a location filter:
- Open the Lyft Driver app and tap 'Go online' at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the filter icon in the bottom right corner.
- Choose between filtering rides by 'Arrive on time,' ‘Stay Nearby’, or 'Head to destination.'
How matching works:
- If you have an arrival time selected while 'Head to destination' is active, you may be matched with rides going in any direction (even rides that take you farther from your destination). As your arrival time gets closer, you'll be matched with rides that get you closer to your desired destination. We'll also send you an alert when it's time to head there, so you arrive on time.
- If you don’t have an arrival time selected while 'Head to destination' is active, you'll only receive requests that will get you closer to your destination. You may not always be closer in terms of miles, but you will be closer to your destination in terms of travel time to your destination.
How often you can use location filters
Location filters can only be used 2 times per day, no matter how rides are filtered (Arrive on Time, Stay Nearby, or Head to Destination).
Your uses reset at midnight local time. Going offline while using a location filter is active counts towards the usage limit.
How to exit a location filter
Tap ‘Edit’ next to the destination address, then select ‘remove filter,’ and you'll go back to receiving regular ride requests. Once you reach your ride, you will automatically be logged out of Driver Mode.
Location filters and bonuses
While using a location filter, any rides not accepted are still factored in your acceptance rate. Learn more about acceptance rates.
Time spent in Destination Mode doesn't count as time online required for bonuses.