British Columbia airport information for drivers
To ensure a smooth airport experience for you and your passengers, make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules below. Tap each link to jump to detailed instructions on each section:
The following information applies to all airports:
Airport officials will issue administrative citations to drivers who do not follow the rules. You are responsible for paying any tickets you receive for violating airport rules and regulations.
Drivers are required to display two Lyft emblems while in driver mode. The Lyft emblem is Lyft’s official trade dress. It helps passengers and law enforcement identify your vehicle.
- Refer to the image above for where to place your Lyft emblems. Make sure to remove the emblem when you are not in driver mode.
- If you are giving a non-Lyft ride at the airport, make sure to remove your emblem before entering airport property.
If you’ve just been approved to drive, you should receive your Lyft emblems shortly. If you didn't get one or need a new one, contact us. In the meantime, you may print a temporary emblem.
If you’re removed from the platform or no longer wish to drive with Lyft, please return your trade dress emblem by mail to:
Lyft Canada, Inc.
555 Burrard St
Canada V7X 1M8
Conduct at the airport
- Do not stop or pull over in crosswalks.
- Do not park in any unauthorized zones or taxi/shuttle areas unless otherwise specified in the rules above.
- Always follow instructions given by airport personnel.
- If you run into any trouble, like a regulatory citation, reach out to our Support team. We're here to help 24/7.
- Airport authorities may ask you for a waybill, which shows your latest ride. Click here to learn how to access your waybill.
Drivers on the Lyft platform are responsible for knowing and following all airport regulations in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from the airport. Lyft is available at the following airports in British Columbia:
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Be sure to review Vancouver International Airport's Code of Conduct in order to avoid receiving administrative citations from the airport.
Waiting for requests:
- Wait in the designated staging area pictured above. Only drivers within the designated staging area are added to the queue.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 15 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
- International Terminal: Arrivals level
- Domestic Terminal: Arrivals Level
- The Lyft app moves the passenger's pin to an approved pickup area. If you're having trouble finding each other, make sure you have both gone to the pin's location and are on the correct level of the airport.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up. Instead, head to the staging area or ask the passenger to cancel and request another ride when they are ready.
- Drop off passengers curbside on Departures level only at the terminal curbside, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal after drop-off.